Oil - Watercolour
Oil - Watercolour
About Rashmi Soni
Rashmi Soni is an internationally renowned contemporary artist and curator with an impressive list
of achievements. Her art is prominently featured in numerous national and international galleries,
known for its realistic and figurative style, particularly in watercolour and oil mediums. Her work is
proudly held in the permanent collections of esteemed institutions such as Delhi Lalit Kala Academy,
Karnataka Lalit Kala Academy, Lovely Professional University, Indira Gandhi National Centre For Arts,
as well as several other national and international art collections.
Furthermore, Rashmi Soni is the founder of Shiny Colours Fine Art Academy, an art school based in
Bangalore that has thrived since its establishment in 2013. She is also a co-founder of the "Opus
International Artist Forum," a platform dedicated to women artists, initiated in 2022.
Rashmi Soni has curated more than 15 successful art exhibitions in various locations, including
Bangalore, Khajuraho, Orchha, Chikmagalur, and Kashmir. Notably, she recently curated an
exhibition at the Indira Gandhi National Centre For Arts. She has also held three solo shows.
Awards and Recognition
• In recognition of her outstanding contributions to the art world, Rashmi Soni was honored
with the prestigious Karnataka Vishesh Samman 'Kala Bhushan Award' in 2023 by the Global
Scholar Foundation in Belgaum.
• Honorable Mentioned Award Achieving Distingue Mention from IWS Budapest Hungary
• First prize at Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath, Bangalore for self-portrait competition 2015.
• Best Painting Award IWS Italy 2016
• Honored by Municipal corporation, Mauranipur Jhansi UP for her international
achievements in Art 2019
• Top 200 Merit award from International Watercolors Masters 2022
• Mesmerizing Landscape Art Competition By Hina Bhatt Winner 2022
Fabriano 3 Times IWS Selection in Hungary, Hongkong, Nepal, Kosovo, Italy, Indonesia, Vietnam,
Switzerland, Albania, Korea, Bangladesh and western Australia Watercolors Society 2022 hold special
significance in her illustrious career.
Demonstration and lecture Invitation
• National Institute of Fashion Technology Bangalore March 2016,
• Amruta College of Engineering Bangalore as an external faculty. April 2017,
• Global Watercolor Summit Shillong IWS India 2018,
• 1st Olympiart IWS India Watercolor Festival, 2019
• Lovely Professional University Art Camp February 2021
• Opus International Artist Forum – All Women Residential Art Workshop Kashmir 23rd -27th
• All Women Residential Art Workshop Khajuraho & Orchha November 2022