About Amarjeet Maan
I am a self-taught Artist from India,I have been Painting since I was in kindergarten and winning School and College level Competitions regularly. The busy schedule of my education in textile design and professional life took me away from my passion till I was happily re-united with it afew years after the birth of my Son..
The time I spend planning each painting, from composing the photographs, the lighting, to the time my brush engages the paper and the last touch of paint to complete it, I find myself in a state of absolute happiness and fulfillment.
My subjects usually fall in the categories referred to as Still-life , Landscapes, Urban scapes and Portraits.
Lighting is the soul of any Painting, it is what reveals to a viewer the perception of each scene by the Painter. I have a special love for play of light as it passes through glass. The birth of color by refraction, the reflections and shadows that result thereof, resulting in a different perception of various objects fascinate me. I have been painting in watercolours since the last couple of years and since then there has been no looking back , love the versatility and the pure character of its own.
Everyday being the first day of my journey to learn and paint as i continue to evolve with every passing day.
As far as my recent projects go, my paintings have been on display at the various juried International Water-colour Exhibitions :
- IWS Delhi
- 3 times at Fabriano
- IWS Canada, IWS Hong Kong, IWS Thailand.
- Albania, UAE, Vietnam, Indonesia, Zurich
- My painting " A window to reflections " has been selected by ‘Splash 20’ for "Creative Compositions" published by Northlight Books. “Conversation” won the 2nd place in the still life category in “Global watercolour Summit”
- Exhibited at the Richeson Gallery for miniature painting.
- Exhibited by invitation at the Watercolour International in Thessaloniki show.
- Recently was invited at the Australian Watercolour Muster for an auction of paintings among 10 international artists.